Monday, March 22, 2010

Subway

Now this is going to be less of a restaurant review blog and more of a "did you know..." blog.
Subways offer different veggie and condiment options regionally!...Yeah that's a fact. Now, maybe you think it's a little strange that I'm able to comment on the regional differences in Subways, but what can I say, when I'm road trippin, I always crave Subway...Shannon, you can back me up on this one.
I had a 5, $5, $5 fooootlooong for lunch today...and though it was mighty tasty, I wished it had some of the veggie options I had in Philly or Cali for that matter. Here are some of the regional differences that I know of...if you know more, by all means comment!
Philly:
-Hot Peppers: hoagie spread; crushed hot cherry peppers in a bit of vinegar
-Sweet Peppers: sweet and tangy red bell peppers (not the same as roasted red bell peppers)
Chicago:
-Hot Pepper Giardiniera: a mixture of hot peppers (serranos) and veggies (usually green olives, celery, carrots, cauliflower, red bell peppers) in an olive oil brine
California:
(LA)
-Cilantro
-Avocado
-Alfalfa Sprouts
India:
-Paneer Cheese
-Tikka Sauce
Costa Rica:
-TBA
Yeah, I went to Subway in India...sometimes you crave a little taste of home.
Why can't all the Subway people unite and offer all of these condiments and veggies everywhere?!

No comments:

Post a Comment